How do I manually uninstall setuptools (installed by egg)?

excord80 at gmail.com excord80 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 22:48:10 EST 2008

On Dec 9, 10:29 pm, "Chris Rebert" <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM,  <excor... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 9, 10:04 pm, "Chris Rebert" <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:
> >> So, why do you think apt and not setuptools is The Right Way(tm)?
>
> > I like to keep > 1 Python on my computer.
>
> Ah, now I get it. I had no idea setuptools could install Python
> *itself* until I checked just now. That's kinda neat, but mostly
> silly, because, as you point out, management of Python itself is much
> better left to the platform's package manager.

Not sure what you mean, Chris.

I install my own Python using the usual procedure (``./configure --

Never heard of using setuptools (``easy_install``?) to install Python
itself. Sounds kooky. :)

Anyway, the direction I'm heading is to try and use setuptools *less*.
It seems like it might be too complicated for me. And, I notice that
the mailing list for it (distutils-sig, if that's the right one) is
loaded with questions on how to use it properly, so maybe I'm not
alone.