Python's popularity (a bit OT)

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Tue Dec 23 05:21:18 EST 2008

"r" <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:

>I think you missed my point Steven, I was in no way proud of the fact
>of my 9th place rating. It just proves my point to the small following
>of this group. And frankly makes me feel bad.

This spurt of high frequency posts is something that seems to happen
to most newcomers to the group. (I think - I have done no stats on it, but
I get the feeling...)

So maybe the advice is to settle down and enjoy using the resource,
because it is an amazing one - there are some hyper intelligent people
around.  Some of them have some experience.  Some of them even
know a little python...

It also helps if you answer some of the newbie questions, as it crystallises
your own knowledge of the language. - that is the way to show how big your
cojones are.  Nobody believes your claims based on mere descriptions.

As you go along, you will find that this group will rarely let you get away
with talking nonsense - It has been my experience that my slightest error
or fumble has almost always been pitilessly pointed out.  I think it is
because the volume is high, and people get irritated if they have to wade
through stuff like this post that has more to do with etiquette than python.

- Hendrik