Python is slow

Giampaolo Rodola' gnewsg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:22:53 EST 2008

On 11 Dic, 13:06, Luis M. González <luis... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 3:42 pm, cm_gui <cmg... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://blog.kowalczyk.info/blog/2008/07/05/why-google-should-sponsor-...
>
> > I fully agree with Krzysztof Kowalczyk .
> > Can't they build a faster VM for Python since they love the language
> > so much?
>
> > Python is SLOW.    And I am not comparing it with compiled languages
> > like C.
> > Python is even slower than PHP!
>
> > Just go to any Python website and you will know.
> > An example is:http://www2.ljworld.com/
> > And this site is created by the creators of Django!
>
> > And it is not just this Python site that is slow. There are many many
> > Python sites which are very slow. And please don’t say that it could
> > be the web hosting or the server which is slow — because when so many
> > Python sites are slower than PHP sites, it couldn’t be the web
> > hosting.   Also, Zope/Plone is even slower.
>
> > Python is slow. Very slow.
>
> Now seriously, just to finish your idiotic rant, check the Pypy
> project:
>
> http://codespeak.net/pypyhttp://morepypy.blogspot.com
>
> And if you still think this is not enough, why don't you help these
> guys to make it faster?
>
> Luis- Nascondi testo citato
>
> - Mostra testo citato -

The real (and still unsolved) problem with PyPy is the installation
which requires something like a dozen of third-party packages to be
installed.
Unfortunately it seems there are no plans yet for releasing any
Windows/Linux/Mac installer in the near future.

--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/