ANN: New Book: Programming in Python 3

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Fri Dec 5 02:38:17 EST 2008

On 2008-12-04, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/12/4 Mark Summerfield <mark at qtrac.eu>:
> > Now that Python 3 final has been released I thought it would be a good
> > time to mention that there's a new book to go with it:
> >
> > "Programming in Python 3:
> > A Complete Introduction to the Python Language"
> > ISBN 0137129297
> > http://www.qtrac.eu/py3book.html

[snip]

> I will ask my university bookstore to get a copy, though by experience
> it probably won't get there until Python 4! They just now got a Fedora
> 3 book in stock that I requested eons ago.

Yes, no wonder online bookstores do so well!

> If I decide to buy online, what is most favourable for you? Amazon?
> Direct order? I need shipping to Israel.

What's most favourable for me is that you buy it at all:-)

I have no preference for who you buy it from; I'd go for the
cheapest/fastest/most reliable for where you are.

I don't think the book is due in Europe until the end of January, but
could take longer for elsewhere. (Of course Israel is in Europe
according to the Eurovision Song Contest, so you might get lucky:)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy