Mathematica 7 compares to other languages

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Mon Dec 8 16:31:29 EST 2008

Xah Lee wrote:
> Also, in this discussion, thanks to Thomas M Hermann's $20 offered to
> me for my challenge to you, that i have taken the time to show working
> code that demonstrate many problems in your code.

You failed the challenge that you were given. Specifically, your code is not
measurably faster on the problem that I set. Moreover, you continued to
write as if you had not failed and, worse, went on to give even more awful
advice as if your credibility had not just been destroyed.

> If you are a Mathematica expert, you could make it recurse yet have
> the speed as other langs.

No, you cannot. That is precisely why you just failed this challenge.

You should accept the fact that Mathematica currently has these
insurmountable limitations.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?u