New Python 3.0 string formatting - really necessary?

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 21:23:00 EST 2008

Answering a question with a question, that leaves me with a question
of my own??

> Instead of just whinging, how about making a suggestion to fix it? Go on,
> sit down for an hour or ten and try to work out how a BINARY OPERATOR
> like % (that means it can only take TWO arguments) can deal with an
> arbitrary number of arguments, *without* having any special cases.

Instead of being a blind fanboy and chastising everyone who dares to
question pydev, Guido, or YOU... why don't you offer a good rebuttal?
If i did not give a rats behind about Python i would not be here
arguing with you. I would give up and "require" my packages ;). I
prefer to import

I believe Python has the best chance of surviving and becoming the
king of high level languages, IF we don't muck it up!