Converting a .xls file to .html

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 06:50:49 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:54 AM, tarun <tarundevnani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've a .xml file (saved as .xls) that can be opened in Microsoft excel. I
> want to write python code that converts this excel file into .html (so that
> it can be viewed as is in an explorer).
>
> Can any one help?
>
> Regards,
> Tarun
>
> --

A quick google search shows http://pyxlreader.sourceforge.net/ , and a few
other libraries for reading xls files. I don't use excel, so I can't test
it. There may not be a library for going straight from xls -> html, but if
you can get xls -> text  or a list or whatnot, then you could use pretty
much any html generation tool you want on it, python's got plenty of
templating libraries available.