noob trouble with IDLE

Ronald Rodriguez ronaldrdguez at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 16:46:16 EST 2008

Hi, Im new to python and I've just started using Byte of Python, running the
samples etc. Im using IDLE on Xp. Ok, here's the thing.
A sample script makes a call to the os.system() function in order to zip
some files. Everything works fine when running from the command line, but
the same code fails when I try Run --> Run module on IDLE. Im using 7z to
zip the files. Again, everything is OK when running from the command line.
Remember, Im new to python and programming. I've done some google search
without results. Maybe its just too simple :-(  . Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.