Python list's mail server in DNSBL ?

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Dec 30 09:35:37 EST 2008

Steve Holden wrote:
> Laszlo:
>
> Read the message again. There's nothing the list admins can do about
> this, you'll have to contact Postmaster at chello.at to have them remove
> the blacklisting, since it's their server that's imposing it.

Maybe it is my bad English but this part:

> Ask your
> > Mail-/DNS-Administrator to correct HELO and DNS MX settings and to get
> > removed from DNSBLs; in bogusmx.rfc-ignorant.org
> >

> > Please reply to <Postmaster at chello.at>
> > if you feel this message to be in error.
tells that the problem is with the MX record of python.org and/or the
HELO message of the python.org smtp server. At least one of them is said
to be RFC ignorant, and this is why the recipient is on the blacklist.
Without making those changes, the python.org domain will not be removed
from the blacklist. Changing the MX record / configuring the SMTP server
needs to be done by the DNS or SMTP admin of python.org.

At least I think if I ask chello.at to remove the entry, the first thing
they will do is check if the changes has been made.