[Py2exe-users] py2exe 0.6.9 released

Pascal iNkOhSnPaAtMon at free.fr
Mon Dec 8 09:47:13 EST 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:39:36 +0000, Pascal wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:23:59 -0500, Chris Spencer wrote:
>
>> After I "compile" my program with py2exe 0.6.9 with Python 2.6, I'm
>> still getting the "Application Did Not Initialize Properly" error
>> dialog whenever I run my code.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> I have exactly the same problem.
> I have tried just anything I could think of to no avail : Copied the 3
> msvc_90.dll to the system32 subdir of Windows, to the directory of my
> application, reinstalled the whole Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
> Redistributable Package, embedded the manifest data into the exe or kept
> it in a .manifest file...
> Could not make it work. Always got the "Application Did Not Initialize
> Properly" message.
> I'm with Windows XP SP3. I tried all this on 2 different systems and I
> got the same results.

I think I narrowed down a little bit the problem. It's not the common one
when the msvc_90.dll are not located, though the result is similar.
The problem is when you try to generate at least 2 exe in one setup (with
2 scripts specified in the "windows" command of the setup).
This works OK with py2exe 0.6.9 for Python 2.5, but fails with Python 2.6
(and 2.6.1). None of the generated exe can be started.
When I compare the content of library.zip in both versions, this file
doesn't contain any .pyc for the scripts you want to generate an exe for
with Python 2.5, but always contains a .pyc for one of the scripts you
want to generate an .exe for with Python 2.6. Don't know if it's a clue
for finding a fix.
I have tested many ways to figure this out but I can't find any solution
for the moment so I'm sticking with Python 2.5.