Most efficient way to build very large dictionaries

Martin martin at marcher.name
Wed Dec 24 05:18:34 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/12/24  <python at bdurham.com>:
> Hi Roger,
>
>> you may want to consider using SQLite
>
> Thank you for your suggestion about looking at SQLite. I haven't
> compared the performance of SQLite to Python dictionaries, but I'm
> skeptical that SQLite would be faster than in-memory Python dictionaries
> for the type of analysis I'm doing.

I'd think he's talking about in memory SQLite Databases, this way you
should be quite fast _and_ could dump all that to a persistent
storage...

regards
martin

--
http://soup.alt.delete.co.at
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.