New Python 3.0 string formatting - really necessary?

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:56:05 EST 2008

On Dec 22, 12:36 pm, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, I don't think Python is "superior" (OMG), I
> think it's a good language that happens to fit my brain *and* solve more
> than 80% of my programmer's needs. If you're not happy with Python's
> perfs, please contribute, you are welcome.

He is contributing, by bringing up the subject for debate. Volunteers
exist on all levels, not just the people who write code for CPython.

Every OOS project needs diversity. There is base code, maintenance
code, tutorials, essays, promotion(even if you consider it
fanboyism),etc, etc. """Every spoke on a wheel is just as important as
all the rest""", Bruno.