Strengths and weaknesses of Pygame vs. pyglet vs. PyOpenGL?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 04:59:48 EST 2008

On Dec 8, 7:18 pm, illume <ren... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's easier to teach only requiring *using* classes, and functions
> than *creating* them.  This is important if it's being used to teach
> programming - as you don't need to teach people two fairly large
> concepts before you can do anything.

I'm just kind of aghast at the idea of "teaching" anyone how to
program games by using large, imperative chunks of code. I don't see
functions as being a "fairly large concept" at all, and utterly vital
to being able to write anything but the most basic 'hello world'
example code.

> Also python has very slow function calls, so avoiding using callbacks
> is also faster.

Wouldn't it be better to teach people the basics of coding -before-
setting out to optimise their code?