Need help getting MoinMoin to run under SCGI

Ron Garret rNOSPAMon at flownet.com
Sun Dec 28 19:52:58 EST 2008

So I have a MoinMoin installation running as a cgi and also under wsgi.
Since I was on a roll I decided to press my luck and try running it
under scgi.  Following a suggestion in the following article:

 http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9310

I wrote this little server adapter:

from MoinMoin.server.server_cgi import CgiConfig, run

class Config(CgiConfig):
    name = 'moin'

import scgi
import scgi.scgi_server

class MoinHandler(scgi.scgi_server.SCGIHandler):
    def produce_cgilike(self, env, bodysize):
        run(Config)

server = scgi.scgi_server.SCGIServer(
    handler_class=MoinHandler,
    port=4000
    )

server.serve()

It works -- sort of.  I can fire it up and get to the login page, but it
won't actually let me log in.  I'm guessing this is because I haven't
munged the CGI form data properly.  I thought I'd ask if anyone with
experience using SCGI can just tell me what I'm doing wrong before I
dive into debugging this.

Thanks,
rg