Can't figure out where SyntaxError: can not delete variable 'x' referenced in nested scope us coming from in python >=2.6

Albert Hopkins marduk at letterboxes.org
Tue Dec 9 22:57:36 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 22:57 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
[...]
> > So is there a way to find the offending code w/o having to go
> through
> > every line of code in 'foo' by hand?
>
> Just search for "del x" in your code. Your editor does have a search
> function, surely?

Well, you'd think I'd be smart enough to think of that one, wouldn't
you?  Actually, how could you since you don't know me ;-)... Anway, I
already did that and could not find the offending code.

I submitted this bug [1]. I applied the given patch but the line it
shows isn't a "del" anything so I'm even more confused.