"as" keyword woes

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 07:22:32 EST 2008

On Dec 4, 7:28 pm, "Warren DeLano" <war... at delsci.com> wrote:
> But who's leaving who exactly?  Surely a language as beautiful as Python
> will easily transcend the limitations of its flagship implementation (if
> or to the extent that such an implementation cannot keep pace with the
> times).  That's all well and good -- it may even end up being the next
> great leap forward for the language.  I believe Guido has even said as
> much himself.

Warren, thank you for a far more reasonable response than my post
warranted. There seems a trend on this group for frustration to turn
into ultimatums, which is what really triggered my outburst. Well,
that and a crappy day at work.

As for your above comment, I totally agree. It's probably the main
outcome I'd like to see arise from the PyPy project: faster and easier
experimentation with implementations. Nothing like some additional
evolutionary pressure to make Python more fit.

Good luck with resolving your current issue.