Is there a function to remove escape characters from a string ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 06:16:14 EST 2008

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 01:41:40 +0100, Stef Mientki wrote:
>

>> Sorry if I offended someone, that was certainly not my intention. And I
>> guess you will be surprised, if I tell you, I don't (want) to understand
>> any bit of the above code ;-) Come on, the home computer was invented
>> about 1980. If we look at hardware, it follows the Moore's law, for
>> software I would expect at least 0.1 of Moore's law ;-) I hope that
>> clarifies my point.
>>

> No, that only makes it even more confusing. What does Moore's Law have to
> do with your willful ignorance about the existence of human languages
> other than English?

Nothing.
I even don't (want to) see what bits / bytes / escape sequences have to
do with modern programming techniques,
so I certainly don't see any relation between these and human languages.

But the lack of Moore's law in software explains why we still need to
concern about bits and bytes ;-)

cheers,
Stef