how to get a beep, OS independent ?

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Sun Dec 7 08:36:52 EST 2008

Stef Mientki <stef.mientki at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the output window (stdout) which is black letters on white background,
> it prints "bell" in white letters with a black background.
>>  What do you mean? And what version dependency are you
>> referring to?
>>
> Well some of you actually hear something,
> I don't,
> so I expect that the Python version differs.

I expect it is the terminal software you are using that differs rather than
Python.

Python is just printing the ascii bell character: some environments will
interpret that as a request to make a beep, some will do things like
flashing the whole screen, others just output a graphic character. Python
doesn't know what your environment will do.