Beep

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 05:35:38 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Jeffrey Barish
<jeff_barish at earthlink.net>wrote:

> On Ubuntu, it is possible to set visual and audible beeps separately.  When
> I set both, I get the visual beep, but not the audible one.  It's not a
> Python issue -- so I should take this thread to Ubuntu -- because I observe
> this behavior even when I hit backspace at the beginning of a line in a
> terminal.
> --
> Jeffrey Barish
>
> --

Well, I would try printing a bell character in another language, say ruby or
perl, or just in the terminals on the machines that won't print them in
python. If you get a bell from those, it's likely some issue with your
python installation, otherwise it's likely a problem with Ubuntu
configuration somewhere.