Pythonic design patterns

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu Dec 4 08:13:37 EST 2008

Slaunger wrote:
> Hi comp.lang.python
>
> I am this novice Python programmer, who is not educated as a computer
> scientist (I am a physicist), and who (regrettably) has never read the
> GOF on design patterns. [...]

> I guess I could boost my productivity by learning these well-proven
> and well-established design patterns by heart.

At least for me I only getter better by actually training. For
programming this means: write code. Revisit it later, improve on it.

Of course one often wants to apply all cool new tricks you've learnt.
That's normal, but remember:

"""
Brian Kernighan Law of Debugging Difficulty

definition, not smart enough to debug it. -- Brian Kernighan

"""

> I was therefore wondering if you could recommend a book or a resource
> concerning design patterns with special focus on the possibilities in
> Python? [...]

I have this in my bookmarks:

http://www.suttoncourtenay.org.uk/duncan/accu/pythonpatterns.html

-- Gerhard