rspec for python

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Mon Aug 25 10:58:48 EDT 2008

Rustom Mody wrote:
> Is there anything equivalent to rspec for python?

I had to Google to see what it is: "A Behaviour Driven Development"
framework for Ruby.

In a blog article from Ian Bicking says that it is impossible to have a
Python port of this because Python doesn't allow you to inject methods
into the object class and suggests Python's doctest module as an
alternative.

Have you actually used this "rspec" thing in Ruby? I always wonder with
such things.

Same with all the other hyped technologies of yesteryear. Anybody out
there who really uses model-driven development?

-- Gerhard