wxPython IDE question

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 18:12:49 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Samuel Morhaim <samuel.morhaim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I know this has been asked many times, but I can't seem to find a real
> good IDE for wxPython.
>
> I look at an application such as testuff.com and I am sure it was written
> using wxPython, however the GUI is so clean and robust that I can't imagine
> them not using an IDE with those characteristics.
>
> Isn't there one single IDE out there that would provide me all the tools to
> create such a nice GUI? Something like the Visual studio of wxpython?
>
> I currently use Zend studio for my php dev, and i dont usually need a gui
> builder because we are talking web, but i feel the need in python for one.
>
> Can somebody recommend me a list of such an IDE? Even if its not free.
>
> Thank you!

You really should ask the guys at the wxPython list:
http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

But I think what you'll find is that most of them do it by hand. Dabo
offers a little builder that you might find useful and I know a
there's a fair amount of the regulars that like SPE or XRCed. Links
are below:

http://dabodev.com/
http://wiki.wxpython.org/XRCed
http://pythonide.blogspot.com/