dynamically creating html code with python...

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 09:55:25 EDT 2008

anartz at anartz.cjb.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I combine some dynamically generated html code (using python) with the output of a urllib.openurl() call?
>
> I have tried to use the StringIO() class with .write functions, but it did not work. Below is the code that does not work.

Help us help you. "Does not work" is not a helpful description. Do you
get an error message? If so, what is the error message? Do you get an
unexpected result? If so, what is the unexpected result, and what is the
result you expected?

> Is there an easier way of doing it?

Probably. You seem to be invoking a python program that's local to your
computer, so it's not quite clear why you're going the roundabout way of
serving it up through a web server. Then again, you're not telling us
the actual problem you're trying to solve, so we have no idea what the
best solution to that problem might be.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net