a question about mysqldb

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:01:23 EDT 2008

Eric Wertman wrote:
> This means I could use this type of syntax?
>
> sql = 'SELECT (date,time,name,size,count,stuff,flavor) FROM crazyTable
> where monster=:1 and feet=:2 and price=:3'
>
> cursor.execute(sql,('cookie','3',77.44))
>
> ?

That depends on which database and DB-API module you're using. Numeric
parameter style definitely works with sqlite and InformixDB, and I think
it works with cx_Oracle and mxODBC. Last I checked, it didn't work with
any PostgreSQL module nor with MySQLdb, but I haven't checked recently
enough to state categorically that it doesn't work.

For a definitive answer, check the documentation for the DB-API module
you're using.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net