Getting references to obect instances into a list

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Aug 27 11:47:59 EDT 2008

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:32:52 -0700, parent.eric.3 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply Simon.
>>
>> I will read the article you told me to but first, please, have a look at
>> this snippet:

[... snipped snippet plus Mark's comment ...]

I think, in short, the best thing for you
to do is to get hold of some introductory text [1]
and to try things out. If you're coming from a
straight C / C++ environment, you maybe have no
idea just how easy it is to *do* things in Python
(as opposed to theorise about how they might or
might not work).

Seriously, I've seen *so* many discussions go past
on this list, trying to explain how Python objects
work and whether they're like this or that, value,
reference, pointer, id, blah blah blah. Much easier
to get in there and try stuff out.

Good luck :)

TJG

[1] Suggestions here; different styles suit different people:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers?highlight=(BeginnersGuide/)

http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html