Python - ubuntu

Joshua Kugler jkugler at bigfoot.com
Fri Aug 29 13:59:08 EDT 2008

> A friend of mine told me something about Guido and google developing
> an Ubuntu distribution based and totaly oriented for the Python
> appliction development. I googled for it with no results. Is it
> possible that My Buddy is trying to foole me or is it possible that
> someone knows something about that.

In addition to Fredrick's reply: Canonical, the company that develops
Ubuntu, uses Python *extensively* for their development, so when it comes
to the number of Python modules assembled as packages for a package manager
(apt, in the case of Ubuntu), Ubuntu will probably have the most.  I use
Ubuntu for Python development, and find it very well suited.