Renaming Excel Spreadsheets

Reedick, Andrew jr9445 at ATT.COM
Tue Aug 26 15:24:58 EDT 2008

Excel object model:

I think the Sheets object is where you add more sheets to a workbook.

You can google for code examples on how to use COM with Excel.  You
don't have to limit  yourself to Python code examples since COM is
"generic".

From: python-list-bounces+jr9445=att.com at python.org
[mailto:python-list-bounces+jr9445=att.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Greg
Lindstrom
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:54 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Renaming Excel Spreadsheets

Hello,

I am working with Python to create Excel spreadsheets and have run into
a couple of problems I hope you can help me with.

First...are there any bindings/libraries into Open Office?

Now, back to Excel.

--> Does anyone know a way to create N worksheets?  By default, 3 are
created, but I would like more.

--> Is it possible to rename a worksheet inside of the workbook (change
"Sheet1" to "July 08", for example).

I've been working with Mark Hammond's book on Windows programming with
Python, but these have me stumped.

Better yet, an Open Source reporting system (ala Crystal Reports) would
keep me from having to write this.  I've looked at Jasper and
DataVision;

Thanks,
--greg