Using Tkinter

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Sat Aug 23 11:19:45 EDT 2008

			.
>> If I have a drop down box in Pythons tkinter, is it possible that the
>> entities that the drop down has are items that have been picked up
>> from a notepad file via file handling?
>
>You can just open the file once (on the script's start), when you
>press a button, or every so often, that will update the drop-down box.
			.
			.
			.
I find "a notepad file" so incongruous in this setting that
I wonder if J-Burns meant something other than, "the contents
of a file which might have been generated originally through
use of Notepad."  If, for example, he has in mind, "the
current contents of a Notepad editing session", that, too,
is possible with Python; 'fact, most any interpretation I can
imagine is acessible with Python.  The first step is simply
to be clear about the goal.