'While' question

Ben Keshet keshet1 at umbc.edu
Thu Aug 21 19:01:21 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reference.  I tried it with a general example and got it
to work - I used an index that counts up to a threshold that is set to
break.  It does not work though with my real code. I suspect this is
because I cannot really read any lines from an empty file, so the code
gets stuck even before I get to j=j+1:

line = f.readline()[:-1]
            j=0
            while 'PRIMARY' not in line: