I am trying to install the mechanize lib so I can use python to do webbrowseing

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Aug 24 00:40:37 EDT 2008

En Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:23:46 -0300, tedpottel at gmail.com <tedpottel at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
> I am trying to install the mechanize lib so I can use python to do
> webbrowseing.
>
> First I set up easy_install
>
> When I ran the script, it download the files ok, then I got these
> error messages
> sun is not reganized as a internal command

???

This sequence should work:

- Download ClientForm (in .zip or .gz format as you wish)
- Extract into a temporary directory
- cd to that directory and execute
  python setup.py install

- Download mechanize (in .zip or .gz format as you wish)
- Extract into a temporary directory
- cd to that directory and execute
  python setup.py install

> I did a sercah on sun.* and the sercah came up empty, am I missing
> some files?

I don't think this "sun" actually comes from mechanize... Try the above procedure

--
Gabriel Genellina