applescript/python question

jyoung79 at kc.rr.com jyoung79 at kc.rr.com
Sat Aug 2 19:04:03 EDT 2008

Hi Diez,

Thanks for your reply.  I gave this a try too, but it doesn't seem to work either.

However, a gentleman just emailed me off-list recommending to use the full path to Python that is in /usr/local/bin.  This is where Python 2.5 looks to be installed rather than Python 2.3 which is in /usr/bin.  I ran the following code below and it works great!

> set p to "#!/usr/bin/python
> import sys
> print sys.version[:3]"
> set x to do shell script "/usr/local/bin/python -c \"" & p & "\""
> return x

Thank you all again for your thoughts and replies.  I really appreciate it!!

Jay