very large dictionary

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Aug 5 05:36:17 EDT 2008

En Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:02:16 -0300, Simon Strobl <Simon.Strobl at gmail.com>
escribió:

> I created a python file that contained the dictionary. The size of
> this file was 6.8GB. I thought it would be practical not to create the
> dictionary from a text file each time I needed it. I.e. I thought
> a .pyc-file

Looks like the marshal format (used to create the .pyc file) can't handle
sizes so big - and that limitation will stay for a while:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-May/073161.html
So follow any of the previous suggestions and store your dictionary as
data, not code.

--
Gabriel Genellina