searching through a string and pulling characters

Mon Aug 18 19:11:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:34:12 -0700, Alexnb wrote:

> Okay, well the point of this program is to steal from the OS X built-in
> dictionary.

Ah, not homework, but copyright infringement.

> Also, on a side-note, does anyone know a very simple dictionary site,
> that isn't dictionary.com or yourdictionary.com. Or, a free dictionary
> that I can download to have an offline reference?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Main_Page

Goggling on "free dictionary OS X" comes up with 417,000 hits. I'm pretty
sure at least some of them will be relevant to what you want.

--
Steven