Can I write a binary windows executable with Python?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Aug 29 19:14:57 EDT 2008

walterbyrd wrote:
> I have heard about Pysco. But does create a single executable that can
> run without Python being installed? Or does that just compile the
> libraries?

Psyco is a kind of JIT (just in time) optimizer for Python. It's limited
to i386 compatible CPUs (aka X86 architecture). It has nothing to do
with standalone executables.

You are lookin for py2exe. It's a program which creates standalone
bundles of Python applications. The bundles contains the python core
library, a startup executable and all additional dlls and Python
scripts. The bundle runs w/o an installed Python interpreter.

Christian