Why nested scope rules do not apply to inner Class?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Thu Aug 14 03:22:50 EDT 2008

Calvin Spealman a écrit :
(snip)
> I know every rule has its exceptions. I put "don't nest classes" in
> with other similar rules I will claim, where I think its safest to say
> "Never do this!",

I know (from experience) and understand why goto's and globals are
(usually) evil, I know why public attributes can be harmful - in
languages that don't support computed attributes, that is -, well, I can
understand and explain most of the usual and some less known "golden
rules" (law of demeter etc), and even a couple very local or
yet-unwritten ones (monkeypatch anyone ?), but I definitively fail to
see what's your problem with nested classes.