Handling Property and internal ('__') attribute inheritance and creation

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Tue Aug 19 07:38:09 EDT 2008

Fredrik Lundh a écrit :
> Eric Brunel wrote:
>
>> To add to what others have already said, it is not only 'just extra
>> work', it is also quite dangerous. See:
>>
>> class A(object):
>>   children = []
>
> the OP is aware of that, of course:
>
>  > I set anything that is constant but anything variable is set again in
>  > __init__()
>
> as long as if you're aware of the issues involved (which you should be
> if you're using Python professionally), using class-level attributes is
> a perfectly valid Python style.

Using class attributes is perfectly valid Python style, indeed. But in
this case - ie: using class attributes as a pseudo-declaration of
instance attributes -, I would not call this good style : it's a waste
of time, a violation of DRY, and a potential source of confusion for the
class's users / maintainers.