What Python looks like

rynt ryntech at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:46:55 EDT 2008

On Aug 4, 12:06 pm, iu2 <isra... at elbit.co.il> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a little bit strange post, but I'm curious...
>
> I learned Python from its tutorial step by step, and practicing
> writing small scripts.
> I haven't seen a Python program before knowing Python.
>
> I'm curious, what did Python code look like to those of you who have
> seen a bunch of Python code for the first time before knowing Python?
>
> (I can tell, for example, that seeing perl for the first time looked
> like C with many $$$, I could see "if" and "for" and "while" but they
> were meaningless. Or Lisp for the first time looked like many words,
> no operators, how could that make a program???)
>
> Thanks

I stumbled across Python in 2000 when I ran accross GNUe.  I decided
to look into Python at that time, and was impressed that the code was
readable, and, understandable - even before I looked at the language
and library refs.  I had been working in a subset of Basic and Delphi
at the time.  I really don't like Pascal or C/C++ with all of the
BEGIN/END and braces.  I don't work in Python full time, but do use it
for scripting, and "hobby" programming. One heck of a cool language!

RCB