Programming Languages Decisions

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Aug 18 18:21:48 EDT 2008

>        This report is intended for any computer programming experts who
> would like to propose that their favorite programming language is the one
> that should be used for the potentially important application that is being
> discussed here.

I believe more scientists are happy programming in Python than Perl.
Python reads like 'executable pseudocode'.  It is, I believe, easier for
most people to read and understand than Perl.

Rather than explain further, I suggest that you visit python.org and
read some of the tutorial to see what *you* think.
http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

tjr