Re: dynamically creating html code with python...

anartz at anartz.cjb.net anartz at anartz.cjb.net
Mon Aug 11 11:30:06 EDT 2008

Sorry, my fault...

I am trying to build a web application for data analysis. Basically some data will be read from a database and passed to a python script (myLibs.py) to build an image as follows.

[CODE]
f=urllib.urlopen("http://localhost/path2Libs/myLibs.py",urllib.urlencode(TheData))
print "Content-type: image/png\n"
print f.read()
f.close()
[/CODE]

This section behaves as expected, and I can see the chart on the web-page.

Now, I would like to add some text and possibly more charts (generated in the same way) to my web-page. This is what I need help with.

I tried to add some html code to the f variable (file-type variable) before and after the plot generated (see first post). When I load the page in a browser, I get a blank page, not even the chart (that I used to get) appears any more.

There is no error messages in the server's error log, and when I run it as a python script I get the following output:

My question:
How can I use python to dynamically add descriptive comments (text), and possibly more charts to the web-page?

Hope this is more explanatory.

Thanks