SocketServer max connections

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 23:10:15 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Ken Seehart <ken at seehart.com> wrote:
> I'm using SocketServer to implement a local server that serves comet
> long-polling connections.
>
> How do I increase the maximum number of open connections?  Currently it is
> limited to about 8 I think.  More than that and it seems to block on opening
> more connections until one of the other connections releases.

You need to change request_queue_size in your subclass, supposing you
are directly or indirectly using a tcp server.
The default is 5, rather low. The first attempt you can do is using
the socket.SOMAXCONN value, but depending on your system you can set a
number much higher than that one given by socket.SOMAXCONN.

> - Ken
>

> --

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves