sqlite empty inserts

sapsi saptarshi.guha at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 23:31:02 EDT 2008

On Aug 16, 11:20 am, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
> sapsi wrote:
>
> [please don't top-post]
>

> > Thank you for the tip, you're absolutely right.I;m getting an
> > exception  that the name must not be null. However, this is some debug
> > output
> > --- logging.debug(" %s %s %s" %  (vdbname, foldername,where_query))
> > OUTPUT: TestVDB test_b title regexp 'tit'
> > --- print  vdbname.__class__,
> > foldername.__class__,where_query.__class__
>
> > --- self.cursor.execute( "insert into __saved_query__(vdb_name,
> > query_table_name, query) values (?,?,?)", (vdbname,
> > foldername,where_query))
>
> > OUTPUT: __saved_query__.vdb_name may not be NULL
>
> > I honestly don't get it!. Why should this occur?
>
> Because vbdname is None?
>
> Seriously, it's hard for us to tell what's going on without the relevant
> code. If you don't provide enough context you are on your own.
>
> Peter

Actualy, vdbname is not none. I checked the value before entering. I
found out that by closing the connection and reopening after creating
VIEW solved the problem.
Not a nice solution but it works and not a hassle given the low
frequency of the operation.
Regards
Saptarshi

--code
self.cursor.execute( "insert into __smartfolder__ values (?,?,?,?)",
(vdbname, foldername,where_query,hrform))
            self.conn.commit()
            self.cursor.execute("CREATE VIEW %s AS %s" % (foldername,
query) )
            self.conn.close()
            self.connect_to_db()
---
If i didn't close and reopen, the second time i try inserting i get
the aforementioned error