Tkinter - How to create combo box using Tix with the existing Tkinter widgets/

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:00:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:57 PM,  <dudeja.rajat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Tkinter module to create a GUI application. I found that the
> combo box is not present in Tkinter module.
> It comes with Tix module. Could some one give me an example to create
> a combo box whilst using Tix and Tkinter?
>
> I've been using the following to create my tkinter widgets:
> myRoot = Tk()
>
> and in my Gui code, I've been using
> self.lbAnalysisLib = Listbox(master, \
>                                     yscrollcommand = self.vsbAnalysisLib.set,\
>                                     height = 1,
>                                     width = 30)
>
> Please suggest how could I call the Tix's combo box from my existing
> GUI application that heavily uses the Tkinter widgets?
> Kindly provide me some code examples.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Rajat

Ok...now I  found the way to do that. But I'm stuck further.
my code is as below:

main module
**********************
myRoot = Tix.Tk()
myAppGUIObject = myAppGUI(myRoot)

Gui module
****************
class myAppGUI:
    def __init__(self, master):

    self.cbAnalysisLib = Tix.ComboBox(master, label = "Analysis Library:")
    self.cbAnalysisLib.grid(row = 3, column = 1, padx = 30, pady = 30,
sticky = W)
    self.cbAnalysisLib.config(editable = 0)

   self.cbAnalysisLibVersion = Tix.ComboBox(master, label = "Reference
Analysis Library Version:", \

labelside = 'left')
  self.cbAnalysisLibVersion.grid(row = 5, column = 1, padx = 30, pady
= 30, sticky = W)
  self.cbAnalysisLibVersion.config(editable = 0)

The problem is that the labelside option is not working. I'm not able
to use even the wraptext option.

--
Regrads,
Rajat