searching through a string and pulling characters

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:10:46 EDT 2008

If by "What happened when you did:" you mean dictionary.com and
yourdictionary.com? Nothing, they work but screen scraping isn't medicore at
best. They both work fine (yourdictionary is better for screen scraping)
but. I want maybe an offline soloution. But the whole reason for the program
is that I can type in 20 words at one time, get them defined and formatted
and then save all from my app. So far, all is good, I just need an offline
soloution, or one from a database. You say a free dictionary program. But
how can I get definitions from another program w/o opening it? Anyway,
Ideas?