raw_input on several lines

David david at abbottdavid.com
Sat Aug 2 16:34:02 EDT 2008

TP wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> When using raw_input(), the input of the user ends when he types Return on
> his keyboard.
> How can I change this behavior, so that another action is needed to stop the
> input? For example, CTRL-G. It would allow the user to input several lines.
>
> Thanks
>
> Julien

How about;

student_scores = {}
name = raw_input("Please enter a student name (q quits): ")
while(name != 'q'):
    score = input("Please enter the students score: ")
    student_scores[name] = score
    name = raw_input("Please enter a student name (q quits): ")
for current_key in student_scores.keys():
    print "The current students are:", current_key