property() usage - is this as good as it gets?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 20:43:59 EDT 2008

castironpi <castiro... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Python isn't as clever as you think.  It's a language.

Yet another non-sequitur response from you. At which point in my post
did I make any such claims about Python's 'cleverness'?

> Do you want a
> link to clever code?

Not if you wrote it or find it clever, no.

To quote Kernighan: "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in
the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as
possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

When the code in question is one of the abstract monstrosities you
regularly post here - often in response to _new python users_ asking
_basic_ questions that _don't require metaclass solutions_ - I've
repeatedly found the cost in interpreting it is just never worth the
time and effort required.

> I like to encourage creativity.

Then why do you seem to stymie it? Care to go back through the
replies to the "I don't get what you mean here" ones?

If you're seriously attempting to educate, you're failing. If you're
trying to show how blazingly clever you are, you're failing at that,
too.

When people seem to generally consider you a markov chainer, that -
should- be a sign to work on the clarity of your communication.