Finding IP address of localhost via socket API (or other API)

David York davideyork at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 22:01:11 EDT 2008

I'm going to look into the Internet Gateway Device protocol and see what it
has to offer.  If it is more work than it is work I'm going with Steven's
suggestion (nice code BTW).

And yes, you guys understood what I was asking - I wanted the internet IP
address of my machine, not the local subnet fake IP my router gave me.

Thanks so much for your help guys, you got it.

   David