searching through a string and pulling characters

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:34:12 EDT 2008

Okay, well the point of this program is to steal from the OS X built-in
dictionary. While most of the files are hidden this one is not.
The "()" You saw actually looks like this: ([I][/I]) only the []'s are <'s
and >'s but the forum doesn't take kindly to html.

What you saw was exactly how it will always be (by that I am talking about
the A 2 A 3 thing)

The number is based on the word(s) they type into my program, and then it
fetches the number that word is in the list of words and then will search
the definitions document and go to the nth def. It probably won't work, but
that is the Idea.

Also, on a side-note, does anyone know a very simple dictionary site, that
isn't dictionary.com or yourdictionary.com. Or, a free dictionary that I can
download to have an offline reference?