online tutorials?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Aug 17 19:07:39 EDT 2008

On 18 Aug, 00:53, Gits <hamza... at live.com> wrote:
> I want to learn how to program in python and would like to know if you
> guys know of any free online tutorials.  Or is it too complicated to
> learn from a site or books?

Start here, perhaps:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide

As for whether it's too complicated to learn from written materials,
that may depend on how much programming tuition you've had already.
I'd already used quite a few languages before finding Python, so it
may be the case that you are in a different audience than I was, but
the following page may point you towards suitable tutorials:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

Good luck!

Paul