parsing XSD

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Aug 10 09:11:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

quite a lengthy mail for four lines of content. I guess there was no space
left to say "hi"?

Spitfire wrote:
> I'm trying to use xml.dom.minidom parser to parse a XML schema file.
> And, when I invoke 'childNodes' on the root element (schema) I get all
> the nodes defined under it, instead of just getting the child nodes at
> the first level! Why?

Well, have you looked at your XML file? Maybe that's how it looks like? Unless
you show us some code that hints in a different direction, that's the most
likely explanation IMHO.

BTW, if you want to write XML handling code that lets you understand what you
are doing, try ElementTree or lxml. lxml also has support for XML Schema, in
case you want to do more than parsing with it.

Stefan