Problem with list.insert

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Aug 28 13:36:45 EDT 2008

Diez B. Roggisch schrieb:
> SUBHABRATA schrieb:
>> Some people in the room told I am kidding, but I learnt Python from
>> Python docs which gives examples like these,
>> But I write explicit comments,
>> an excerpt from python docs:
>> # Measure some strings:
>> ... a = ['cat', 'window', 'defenestrate']
>> ...     print x, len(x)
>> cat 3
>> window 6
>> defenestrate 12
>> But well, if you are suggesting improvement I'll surely listen.
>
> Please! Just because a tiny 3 lines example involing just *one* list
> doesn't give that a long & speaking name does not mean

discard my last post - I accidentially pressed submit to early.

Numbering variable names surely is *not* found in any python example.
Short names, as the examples are clear & don't require more meaningful
names occur, yes. But nowhere you will find 2-figure enumerations.

Each book or tutorial about programming will teach you to use meaningful
variables for your program.

As far as your explanation goes: there is *nothing* to be understood
from a bunch of questionmarks + sometimes "lincoln" spread in between is
not really helping.

This is most probably not your fault, as somehow the hindi get's twisted
to the questionmarks - however, I suggest you provide an example where
the hindi is replaced with english words (translations, or placeholders)
- otherwise, you won't be understood, and can't be helped.

Diez